top of page
  • Karenna Wilford

Do I need Building Regulations approval?

Building Regulations is different to Planning Permission and recent changes mean that you must have Building Regulation approval before building work commences. The regulations apply to the construction and extension of buildings and if the work doesn’t comply to current Building Regulations then the person carrying out the work could be fined or prosecuted. Without approval and the necessary certificates of compliance, you will not be able to sell your home.


Karenna Wilford Architects in Sussex provide all the information necessary for Building Regulations.  These include all the technical details and information for going out to tender.

We will consider all of the details to ensure that the tender quotes are as accurate as possible, and you know that you have competitive quotes from builders. As Architects we undergo extensive training in all areas of building and are registered with both the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Chartered Architects. 


As architects in Sussex we have several years of experience working with local building control and the planning authorities.  Our aim is to provide designs for you and your family that will enhance your well-being and enjoyment of your home.

Contact us to find out more about how we can help you.

12 views0 comments


bottom of page